Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Fauna of Point Reyes


This post is part of my series on the National Park System. One of my goals while the kids are still at home is to visit as many of the National Parks and Monuments in the Western United States as we can. 

I previously posted about Point Reyes National Seashore from our visit there in 2015. That post contains a good bit about the geological history, as well as some pictures of the various views.

We returned there in November 2017, as my wife in particular loves the coastal forest. This time, I was able to capture some of the animals that call Point Reyes home. Sure, we saw banana slugs last time, but this year, there were elk and elephant seals out. And also bugs and snakes and squirrels. Here are my favorites of the pictures.

 Banded Garden Spider


Banana Slug

 Western Grey Squirrel

Gopher Snake

 Tule Elk

Elephant Seals





1 comment: